Monday, May 18, 2009

The all new Logun S16 Evo

On friday I had the pleasure of setting up a brand new Logun S16 Evo. I was quite looking forward to this as I have had first hand experianced the failings of the older models, so in my eyes this was the last chance for Logun (now owned by Webley) to prove themselves. This is what I thought of this "NEW" Logun S16 Evolution.
The rifle came to me in a nice Buffalo River carry case, not the Logun one the rifle come in, with the scope and the bipod already mounted.The first thing is the angled buddy bottle. This allows much better eye to scope alignment and feels much better in the shoulder.The revamped pistol grip is much better than the old one. It has a swell on the top that helps you position your finger better on the trigger. As an added bonus there is a small concealed compartment, in the pistol grip that can be used to stow cleaning cloths or spare pellets.
Now for the new bolt.
Gone is the sliding cocking lever and in its place is a brand new 40mm bolt. It cocks, indexes and loads pellets flawlessly and cycles so cleanly there is no chance of a pellet jam or double load. I managed to empty 16 shots in 20 seconds without any problems at all.




There is almost no report from this rifle due to the sound suppressor. This is a integral part of the barrel system and it works really well at keeping the noise down.

The bipod used on this rifle is a Harris Pro Tilt. It is a bit heavy for my liking but provides rock solid support when taking those all important shots.
Now, its not cheap. Retailing at around the £600 mark it is a lot of money but for me the people at Webley have finally given us what they promised back in 2001.
Its been a long time coming but I think they have cracked it this time.
Richard.

No comments: